Friday 2 September 2016

Broken bones

Day 5 Still hobbling around, Hubby helps me up and breakfast is served, bowl of fresh fruit and plain yoghurt, then to the bathroom and another struggle to get downstairs....Have a hospital appointment at 10am so soon after 9 hubby helps me to the car it very exhausting hopping on one leg, we arrive at the Hospital and hubby goes to get a wheelchair  no way could I hop in my crutches all the way...

My name is called and was told that am having a full cast fitted so off I go to the plaster room to get truly plastered ((ahah)) then was sent to take another x-ray then back to see the Doctor where he informs me that the break has not shifted since the first x-ray was taken and that I did not need to be operated, thank goodness for that at least. Before I leave the nurse tells me that I should seat with my leg up higher than my waist, and that I should not be going down and up stairs putting  strain on  the leg...

Decided to take the Hospital advice and stay upstairs with my leg up...Had a bad night woken up at 2am and that was that, felt sorry for hubby I kept him awake with my tossing and turning, well not exactly turning....So its decided from now on, or until I get this dam cast of his sleeping in the spare room like that, he at least will have a goodnights sleep.

Am feeling so useless am really missing my walks with my friend Paula, Although she has found a new playmate ((Haha)) missing my garden too... my husband and my girls have been wonderful Jennifer bless her cooked us a fish pie yesterday and it was delicious should've asked Hubby to take a picture. Today is Mia's turn bless her its her day off and she offered to come cook for me to... Mia phones and asks if she needs to buy anything I say no Daddy has gone to buy veggies, and pork steaks was taken from the freezer. She asks so what am I cooking? Then she say's so you give me a bag of groceries and then what! (((Ready Steady Cook))) I laugh and say ok surprise me....

And she did! Pork steak in a mushroom sauce with carrots French beans and broccoli delicious my babies are very good cooks.... Missing my walks and the open countryside...



No comments: