Sunday 6 March 2016

Back home...

The holiday is over! Now back home in Silver End.... My Daughter came round yesterday with my beautiful granddaughter I really had missed them, she looks so grown up.... Now one has to settle to a different life, a life that I have missed like my beautiful village, am really looking forward to the walks...Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed the holiday in Madeira I am making good friends and for the first time I can say that the stay was a good and very eventful one....Had lots of interesting walks, met loads of people some have become good friends, and had a couple of mishaps too, like falling in one of the levadas! Lucky for me it was the levada! Because if I had fallen to the left I would not have been here to tell the tale....

You see I was walking along the levada,((( Levada is an irrigation channel in the Madeira montains it runs all around the island and thats where we walk we can walk to the next village and so fourth))) was a group of 20 odd when all of a sudden I find myself in the drink was so annoyed with myself my camera stopped working! so no more pictures, did manage to take a few before the fall, and to think that I had another walk to do and no camera....

Everyone said when you get home to put my camera in a box full or rice, and thats what I did and two day's later I had my camera back was so excited now I had my camera for my next walk.
Then one day the new friends invited us to their country cottage for lunch what a beautiful place that was, surrounded by mountains and water after lunch we all had a walk up the mountains it was green and beautiful... I came back home with so many good memories....






Add caption

No comments: