Saturday 11 January 2020

MY Madeira


Yes once again I find myself here in my little corner of paradise, as my Dad used to tell us when we were children.
He used to say that we were very lucky to live here on this Island in the middle of the Atlantic that we were safe!
Of course we wondered what it would be like to live somewhere else specially when we saw the tourists speaking an alien language!
And years later we did go to other countries and settled! I for one have lived in my little corner of Essex where my girls were born and where we still live.
Of course we come to Madeira for a little stay and memories came flooding in. We still have the house were we were all born and that's where the memories are kept in every little corner and crevice of the property!
If I close my eyes I can still see, hear us laughing hear the music, my lovely funny Dad teaching us sounds and there presto! we had a home made orchestra! So much fun so many memories of a privileged childhood.
Yes indeed my lovely Dad was right we did live in a little corner of Paradise! My Madeira has changed but it still holds its magic.
Take care out there!
Hugs from across the Atlantic.





No comments: