Monday 26 February 2018

Walking Madeira way

My stay in Madeira is coming to an end. Its has been quite an eventful stay...Having family and friends to visit and entertain is a must otherwise I would've been very bored, but now I am ready to go home to my little corner of Essex way and my babies three months is a long time.
At moment we are in the middle  of a storm strong winds and rain, I only hope that it eases off, so that we can fly home on Friday.
 I know that good old blighty also is going through the ringer with snow and blizzards I only hope that i'll get back home without too much disruption. We had friends to stay and they went home yesterday, they were very lucky because if it was today they would've not been able to leave. Now am here wondering how long this storm is going to last....
Hubby and I were suppose to go on one of our trips, today but don't think we will venture out with this weather, we have been going to little corners of my little Island my paradise, my Homeland. Places that I had never been before, its surprising a little Island but with so much to see little treasures hidden from us all this years.
We found this lovely man Sr Manuel Macedo a very religious man with a heart of gold! High in the mountains in a place called Espigao with his own hands and own money and a little help from the locals he built this sanctuary where people can go and spend time picnicking cooking areas with tables and chairs all under cover with running water he even has fitted working fridges.
This visit has been the best one yet....









looking forward to more of the same for the next time

No comments: