Friday 9 March 2018

Walking the Essex way

After spending three months in the old homeland now am back in my little corner of Essex.
We left Madeira just at the right time, you see days before we were being blown about by dear Emma, and on that same day, Emma went into a crescendo, after we left, therefore, closing the Airport once again.
We arrived at Stanstead on Friday night in a blizzard very cold quite a blow to the system was thinking that we arrived just in time for me to take Photos of the countryside.
So decided that I'd walk on Sunday big mistake we were already on a thaw out, luckily still managed to take some pics, a week later and there is still snow about.
Yesterday my friend and I had one of our walks, this time we take to the old airfield, naughty I know we are not supposed to walk through this area, from here we take to the new footpath to the Polish Camp as we walk through the path in the woods we spotted some old buildings through the trees, so of course we have to go and have a closer look and we discover the old and abandoned war camp. Oh, my God, we look at each other in shock, how come we had not seen this before, It's not the first that we walked this way.
Canico Storm in Madeira

Reis magos raging sea

Footpath in Essex

My favorite lake still is frozen 

Woods to Polish camp

Wood to polish camp

Blast from the past

old building blast from the past

Was really eerie walking through these buildings of long ago 


I wonder! sleeping quarters or storage





No comments: