Monday 12 September 2016

Broken bones

My day's are very much the same! I get up and hubby helps me downstairs, he gets me breakfast and then he spends best part of the morning, pottering in the garden I feel quite envious but at the same time I am wondering what am going to find when I am able to walk to the bottom of the garden....
I love my garden growing almost wild and he likes things small and manageable, so when plants grow tall or spread their wings he likes to chop them down, so now that I am incapacitated his free to chop to his heart content.....

Then Jennifer and my little darling arrive they come here most day's, and as soon little Jaylee gets here she wants to go in the garden, where she Follows Vovo around with her little watering can.
Today is just us!  Hubby Jennifer and my little darling, no one came visiting and Jennifer did not have to cook we were eating what was left from Mia's cook off. So we had time to chat and have tea.


Hubby had to go out so Jennifer stay's a little longer so that she can help me upstairs. Little Jaylee fell asleep on the sofa she had a full day in the garden, it was hard work looking after Vavo's plants, bless her. Jennifer sees that I have everything at hands reach and of she goes home.. Now here I am reading my book although am finding it a bit of a struggle, am half way and only now am getting into it...

Now am dreaming  of green fields covered in mist.......

Now its Sunday and 15 day's down the line. Mia will be coming round and we decide to do a barbeque, (((espetada Madeira style))) Steak on a skewer Mia's favorite, no bolo do caco though, perhaps next time when I can stand on my two feet.
It was a lovely sunny day so we were eating outdoors ... what a performance trying to get me outside I just could not hop high enough to get over the step, lol I had to seat down and then shuffle out and then they handed me the crutches so that I could hobble to the table.

Very exhausting specially using the crutches on shingle, but it was worth the effort to seat in the garden with the sun shining and the perfumed air that I had missed so much....





1 comment:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Ana - good luck with the healing and thank goodness for family and friends ... love the photos - cheers Hilary